Corporate Advisory Board
"We benefit from a comprehensive campus - a university with agriculture, medical, and nutrition programs. This is MU at its best." - Chris Hardin, Department Chair
The University of Missouri Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology’s Corporate Advisory Board serves as a forum for industry leaders and department faculty, students, and staff to develop prevention and treatment strategies with the goal of improving human health and well-being through nutrition and exercise.
Areas of Investigation
- How does the timing of exercise influence fasting glucose levels?
- Does eating breakfast on a regular basis aid in weight loss?
- How do physical inactivity or fidgeting influence vascular function?
- Can particular foods help with blood glucose control?
- Foster collaboration among board members and NEP faculty and students
- Exchange research ideas and ongoing research developments
- Update faculty and students regarding industry trends
- Provide close interaction among board members and students
- Develop a student fellowship program to support MS and PhD student research
Benefits of Membership
- Participation in meetings on the Mizzou campus each Fall
- Interactions with industry peers to identify pressing issues in human health
- Enhanced research connections within the board and the department
- Opportunities to provide insights and support to curriculum
- Publications from departmental research