Human Clinical Testing Facility
"MUNCH" is a state-of-the-art facility (containing 1840 sq ft) that facilitates a broad range of nutrition research and lifestyle interventions to examine the impact of various foods and diets on human health.
- Ability to manipulate any dietary component
- Precise preparation of single meals to full diets
- Acute and long-term storage available for over 100 people
Dining (with observation)
- Open dining hours throughout the day and evening
- Seating for up to 24 people
- Ability to unobtrusively monitor social eating
Ability to perform cooking demonstrations for teaching, extension, and lifestyle interventions.
"MU-PAW" is a state-of-the-art designated (human) clinical research facility (containing 2250 sq ft) for the assessment of (semi)-invasive physiological and behavioral health-related outcomes.
Clinical Testing Rooms
- 4 testing rooms well-equipped to perform repeated blood sampling, including OGTTs & Mixed-meal TTs
- All rooms include recliners, wifi access, and laptops, making them ideal for long (16 h) testing days
One room equipped with a DXA machine (Hologic) and BOD-POD to assess whole body and regional bone density and/or body composition
- Private phlebotomy room for single stick blood draws and catheter insertions
- Private, quiet room for cognitive function and/or other computerized assessments
One room equipped with 2 metabolic carts and EKG machine to assess fitness, resting state energy expenditure, and substrate oxidation/utilization
- Research coordinator office (to assist with scheduling)
- Waiting area for research participants
- Private consenting room with copier and temporary filing (of consents, etc.)
- Storage room for human clinical testing supplies
- Blood processing room with 2 refrigerated centrifuges, biosafety cabinet, -80 freezer, and an ice machine
- Temporary desk space for graduate students and technicians during the testing days
The wetlab is 3400 sq ft and has adjoining animal and human wings containing pieces of equipment such as multiplex (multi-analyte) analyzers (Magpix, Immulite), Western blot imager, real-time PCR system, microscopes, mouse doppler, wire-myograph, cell culture incubator, low temp freezers, and refrigerated centrifuges.