Nutrition and Wellness Association
The Nutrition and Wellness Association (NWA) is composed of enthusiastic undergraduate and graduate students interested in Food Science and Human Nutrition and/or Physical Fitness. Monthly meetings promote positive interaction between students and faculty, provide opportunities to learn from guest speakers and to participate in adventurous field trips. NWA helps students explore the relationship between nutrition, wellness and health promotion. Learn more about NWA on the Mizzou Nutrition and Wellness Association Facebook and Twitter.
The cost to join is minimal (currently $10.00 a year) and students can pay the membership due at the first meeting they attend. It's never too late to join, new members are accepted throughout the year and they may join at any meeting. Emails and updates about NWA are only provided to those students who are member and have paid dues.
- President: Katie Parks
- Vice-President: Caitlyn Swope
- Secretary: Lucy Stella
- Treasurer: Katie Hobaica
- Social Co-Chairs: Brooke Cirenza & Molly Melton
- Meeting Co-Chairs: Aubree Hark & Sarah Plymire
- DAB Reps – Chloe Bilyk, Ryan Bentch, & Sam Tracy
NWA Faculty Advisor: Jennifer Bean, (573) 882-1929
NWA meetings for Spring semester 2019 are the first Tuesday of the month at 5:00 pm in Gwynn Lounge. The dates are:
- February 5th - 7 PM Gwynn Lounge- We are doing an introductory meeting with the new exec board and discussing some "healthy college hacks"
- March 5th - 7 PM Gwynn Lounge (speaker and topic pending)
- April 2nd- location pending
- May 7th -7 PM Gwynn Lounge - This is pre-finals week so we are doing a presentation of effective study habits and how to take care of yourself during finals week!!