Nutrition and Wellness Association
The Nutrition and Wellness Association (NWA) is composed of enthusiastic undergraduate and graduate students interested in Food Science and Human Nutrition and/or Physical Fitness. Monthly meetings promote positive interaction between students and faculty, provide opportunities to learn from guest speakers and to participate in adventurous field trips. NWA helps students explore the relationship between nutrition, wellness and health promotion. Learn more about NWA on the Mizzou Nutrition and Wellness Association Facebook and Twitter.
The cost to join is minimal (currently $10.00 a year) and students can pay the membership due at the first meeting they attend. It's never too late to join, new members are accepted throughout the year and they may join at any meeting. Emails and updates about NWA are only provided to those students who are member and have paid dues.
- President: Katie Parks
- Vice-President: Caitlyn Swope
- Secretary: Lucy Stella
- Treasurer: Katie Hobaica
- Social Co-Chairs: Brooke Cirenza & Molly Melton
- Meeting Co-Chairs: Aubree Hark & Sarah Plymire
- DAB Reps – Chloe Bilyk, Ryan Bentch, & Sam Tracy
NWA Faculty Advisor: Jennifer Bean, (573) 882-1929
NWA meetings for Spring semester 2018 are the first Tuesday of the month at 5:00 pm in Gwynn Lounge. The dates are:
- February 6th: Urban Agriculture and Sustainability (We are looking for someone to fill an executive position with NWA! We need a Dean's Advisory Board Representative for our organization. More information to come at the meeting).
- March 6th: Skin Care and Tanning
- April 3rd: Sports Nutrition and Meal Prep
- May 1st: HyVee Food Demo with Paula the RD