Skip to Sub-menu

Financial Assistance

dollar bill puzzle piece


Qualified students in each of the undergraduate emphasis areas can apply and compete for college and departmental undergraduate scholarships.

Submit applications at by December 15 for incoming freshmen and February 1 for currently enrolled and transfer students.

In order to be considered for a scholarship, students must complete the online application each year.

Visit the College of Human Environmental Sciences website for a complete list of available scholarships.


Graduate Research Assistantships are available through the departments. Currently, the department provides a limited number of research and teaching assistantships. Research assistantships that are available each year are tied to a particular faculty member’s research and their availability is dependent upon funding in a given year. Available assistantships provide a year in salary, plus a waiver of tuition and most fees. No separate application is required for these awards; all students who apply to Nutrition and Exercise Physiology will automatically be considered for financial support in the form of a graduate research assistantship. Other sources available are: University fellowships, Life Sciences program, and minority recruiting award assistantships.

Fellowships and Scholarships are available through the College of Human Environmental Sciences.

To be considered for a graduate fellowship or scholarship, ask your advisor or chair for a recommendation. The Office of Research & Graduate Studies, in 118 Gwynn Hall, coordinates these scholarships/fellowships.