The Department of Nutrition & Exercise Physiology (NEP) is pleased to sponsor the NEP Undergraduate Research Internship to encourage MU students to gain research experience in the fields of Human Physiology & Translational Sciences and Exercise Physiology. This program brings lecture concepts to life, gives students an in-depth experience in the laboratory, and helps to make our students more prepared and more competitive after graduation.
It is a 9-month (academic year) internship. The department includes faculty from two MU colleges (School of Medicine and CAFNR.) Faculty mentors must be included in the list of faculty on the departmental web site. See flyer for eligibility and more information.
Apply for the 2023/24 school year.
- Students must enroll in the fall course, NEP 4950 (2 cr) during the first semester of the internship,
- Students must present an abstract of their work in a poster session (of faculty mentor choice) at the end of the internship.
- Students who currently work in a departmental laboratory or those who would like to get experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Rising sophomores through seniors at MU. Seniors must be at Mizzou for the entire 2023/2024 academic year.
- Student must be an NEP undergraduate.
For additional information, please contact: Dr. Katherene Anguah at firstname.lastname@example.org.